Second Sight in the UK has updated the release details of the classic British horror movie Dog Soldiers. Originally the company had problems finding the original negative but earlier this year it was announced that it had been found and a painstaking restoration was underway.
Synopsis: During a routine nighttime training mission in the Scottish Highlands, a small squad of British soldiers expected to rendezvous with a special ops unit instead find a bloody massacre with a sole survivor. The savage attackers of the special ops team return and the men are rescued by Megan (Emma Cleasby), a zoologist who identifies what hunts them as werewolves. Without transport or communications, the group is forced to retreat to a farmhouse to wait for the full moon to disappear at dawn.
Due for release in July these are the special feature, there will be a limited edition 4K UHD and Blu ray package as well as a separate Blu Ray and UHD release –
- NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE, approved by Director Neil Marshall and Director of Photography Sam McCurdy
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- NEW Werewolves, Crawlers, Cannibals and More: a new 40-minute interview with Neil Marshall
- NEW audio commentary by writer and Associate Professor of Film Alison Peirse
- Archive audio commentary by Director Neil Marshall
- Archive audio commentary by Neil Marshall, Sam McCurdy, producer Keith Bell and actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd and Liam Cunningham
- A History of Lycanthropy: author Gavin Baddeley on Werewolf Cinema
- Werewolves, Folklore and Cinema: a video essay by author Mikel J. Koven
- Werewolves vs Soldiers: The Making of Dog Soldiers with Neil Marshall, Producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, Actors Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, Special Effects Artist Bob Keen and more!
- A Cottage in the Woods: an interview with Production Designer Simon Bowles
- Combat: a short film by Neil Marshall
- Deleted Scenes and Gag Reel with optional commentary by Neil Marshall
- Trailers and Photo Gallery
- Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
- 108-page book with new essays by Craig Ian Mann, Alison Peirse, Zoë Rose Smith, Anya Stanley, an exclusive interview with Neil Marshall by Matthew Thrift, plus Behind the Scenes photos
- 6 collectors’ art cards
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Chris Malbon
- 4K BLU-RAY: REGION-FREE
- BLU-RAY: REGION-B “LOCKED”
A review and details of where to purchase will be updated on this page soon…..