Second Sight in the UK has announced a new Blu-ray and UHD release from a 4K remaster of the classic horror film The Changeling starring George C Scott.
The Changeling has been described as one of the scariest films ever made and is included in Stephen King’s list of favourite movies … now more than 40 years after it premiered on the big screen, Peter Medak’s (The Krays masterwork gets release it deserves with Second Sight Films’ The Changeling Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray Box set.
Influencing renowned filmmakers such as Martin Scorsese – who included in his ‘11 scariest films of all time’ Alejandro Amenabar, Guillermo Del Toro and many more, the film is lauded by horror
aficionados and audiences alike.
One of the most chilling horrors of all time is set for an auspicious collector’s Box set release and will also be on 4K/UHD Standard Edition and Blu-ray Standard Edition. The film is presented in a 4K scan and restoration presented in HDR and all three editions come stacked with special features including an audio commentary with the director Peter Medak and producer Joel B. Michaels, interviews and much more.
The Limited Edition is presented in a rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy and comes with a 108-page book with brand new essays plus an archive interview with Peter Medak, it also includes the original soundtrack CD.
- New 4K scan and restoration presented in HDR
- Audio commentary with director Peter Medak and producer Joel B. Michaels
- Interview with Peter Medak by filmmaker Adrián García Bogliano at Mórbido Fest 2018
- Exile on Curzon St. – Peter Medak on his early years in swinging London
- The House on Cheesman Park – The Haunting True Story of The Changeling
- Audio commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger and Paul A. Partain, and art director
Robert A. Burns
- The Music of The Changeling – an interview with music arranger Kenneth Wannberg
- Building the House Of Horror – an interview with art director Reuben Freed
- The Psychotronic Tourist
- Master of horror Mick Garris on The Changeling
Limited Edition Contents
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy
- 108-page book with new essays by Martyn Conterio, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Rich Johnson,
Mikel J Koven, Meagan Navarro, Rachel Reeves, Shelagh Rowan-Legg and Heather Wixson plus
archive interview with Peter Medak
- Original Soundtrack CD
- Five collectors’ art cards