The classic cult BBC TV series Monty Python’s Flying Circus is to get a special Blu ray box set release from Network in the UK.
All 45 episodes restored and uncut! In 1969, Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin created Monty Python which unleashed their unbridled silliness on an unsuspecting world…and took it over! Now, years in the making, Network is proud to present the entire original television series of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, fully rejuvenated for the first time. Sketches, some cut after initial broadcast, some excised completely, others edited to make more palatable have been carefully restored to their intended length. The majority of Terry Gilliam’s animations have been newly scanned in high-definition and restored to a specification way beyond their original format. Hitherto unseen outtakes, film inserts, and studio recordings have been retrieved, adding yet another dimension to this exclusive release. This is the ultimate television restoration and a must for every generation of Python fans.
After nearly a decade of research and planning, this is a ground up restoration by Network’s award-winning in-house team working from the best available materials – from first generation 2-inch videotape masters to surviving negative and print film material, scanned in 2K. The wildly varying picture sources have been graded scene-by-scene and intensively cleaned up.
· 7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements
· Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
· Each of the four series is individually packaged with four books by TV & Film Historian Andrew Pixley detailing an episode-by-episode production history
· Previously unseen outtakes
· Extended scenes and sketches
· Restored-to-full-length sketches including ‘Ursula Hitler’, ‘Cartoon Religions, ‘A Book At Bedtime’ and more…
· Rare Promo films
· And much more…