The cult horror classic The Wicker Man is getting a new collector’s edition UHD and Blu-Ray release from Studio Canal from a 4k remaster for its 50th anniversary.
Studio description: The Wicker Man has had an enduring fascination for audiences since its release in 1973. A unique and bone-fide horror masterpiece, brilliantly scripted by Anthony Schaffer (Sleuth, Frenzy) and featuring an astounding performance by the legendary Christopher Lee. Director Robin Hardy’s atmospheric use of location, unsettling imagery and haunting soundtrack gradually builds to one of the most terrifying and iconic climaxes in modern cinema.
When a young girl mysteriously disappears, Police Sergeant Howie (Edward Woodward) travels to a remote Scottish island to investigate. But this pastoral community, led by the strange Lord Summerisle (Christopher Lee) is not what it seems as the devoutly religious detective soon uncovers a secret society of wanton lust and pagan blasphemy. Can Howie now stop the cult’s ultimate sacrifice before he himself comes face to face with the horror of The Wicker Man?
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THREE CUTS OF THE FILM
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- NEW Locations featurette
- NEW Shaffer and Hardy
- NEW Robin Hardy’s original script
- NEW Interview with Britt Ekland
- Worshipping The Wicker Man
- The Music of The Wicker Man
- Interview with Robin Hardy (2013)
- Interview with Robin Hardy and Christopher Lee (1979)
- Making of commentary
- Stills gallery
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
- Exclusive EP featuring artists from Heavenly Records covering songs from the soundtrack
- 64-page booklet, featuring brand-new essays
- 3 ‘postcards from Summerisle’
- 2 posters (original theatrical artwork and new artwork)