From Robert Eggers, the mastermind behind the critically acclaimed films The Witch and The Northman, comes The Lighthouse, an enigmatic and surreal narrative of two men on the brink of losing their sanity.
Two lighthouse keepers, one a seasoned veteran (Willem Dafoe) and the other an inexperienced newcomer (Robert Pattinson), embark on a month-long mission to maintain a lighthouse situated on a remote island off the coast of New England in the 1890s. However, as they grapple with solitude and personal differences, both men gradually succumb to their inner demons and the peculiar, otherworldly charm of the lighthouse itself…
With virtuoso performances by its two leads, remarkable monochromatic photography that perfectly captures the era’s essence, and interwoven with a delightfully dark sense of humour, The Lighthouse delivers an intense and claustrophobic experience unlike any other, cementing Eggers’ position as one of the most promising and intriguing filmmakers of our time.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS –
• High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentation, approved by director Robert Eggers
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary by authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
• Audio commentary by co-writer/director Robert Eggers
• Art of Darkness: Making The Lighthouse – a brand new, in-depth documentary on the film, its production, themes and influences, featuring new interviews with co-writer/director Robert Eggers, director of photography Jarin Blaschke, production designer Craig Lathrop, costume designer Linda Muir and authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
• The Lighthouse Next Door: The Consuming House Tale of Robert Eggers’ The Lighthouse – a brand new visual essay on the film and its folklore influences by author and critic Kat Ellinger
• The Lighthouse: A Dark & Stormy Tale – a three-part documentary on the making of the film
• Deleted scenes
• Two theatrical trailers
• Image gallery
• Limited edition packaging with a reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
• Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing on the film by Simon Abrams, Wickham Clayton, Martyn Conterio and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
• Six double-sided collector’s postcards
This is also getting a standard Blu-Ray release as well as a 4K UHD edition.