This in-depth look at the 1990 mini-series It, based on Stephen King’s iconic novel features interviews with many of the cult classic’s key players, including director Tommy Lee Wallace and cast members Seth Green, Richard Thomas, and Tim Curry, who portrayed the notorious monster clown, Pennywise. This Collector’s Edition Blu-ray includes six bonus features, three of them exclusive to this release.
Details of this release –
- “The Book Cover” takes viewers back to the original “IT” manuscript and cover design with artist Bob Giusti.
- “A Deeper Look at the Music” includes an extended interview with composer Richard Bellis, discussing what inspired his classic score.
- “Georgie: A Short Film” is a narrative short featuring the cast from the original miniseries.
- In “Childhood Phobias”, the miniseries cast and crew discuss their own childhood fears.
- The Extras of “IT” include short interviews with miniseries extras and additional crew.
- And “The Legacy Continues” is packed full of extended commentary about the legacy and longevity of the “IT” miniseries.
The Pennywise: The Story of IT is the first Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release in the Screambox Collection.
Thirty-plus years after its release, the popular two-part miniseries IT and its infamous villain, live on in the minds of horror fans around the world. Pennywise: The Story of IT, which is co-directed by John Campopiano and Christopher Griffiths and produced by Gary Smart, captures not only the spark the IT saga created when it was released but also the lasting impact it has had on an entire generation and the horror genre at large. The documentary also boasts a wealth of archival material and never-before-seen footage.