New UK label Radiance Films have announced the release of Miami Blues starring Alec Baldwin, Jennifer Jason Lee and Fred Ward.
George Armitage (Grosse Pointe Blank) adapted celebrated noir author Charles Willeford’s novel Miami Blues for the screen with new star Alec Baldwin in the lead role as Frederick J. Frenger, Jr., a sociopathic criminal. Arriving in Miami fresh out of jail he commits one crime after another when he meets young hooker Susie (Jennifer Jason Leigh) who he starts to build a pseudo-married life, including the home cooking and the white picket fence. As Frederick tries to juggle domesticity with his mounting crimes, dogged cop Hoke Moseley (Fred Ward) threatens to put his freedom in jeopardy.
This release comes with the following special features –
- Interviews with Alec Baldwin and Jennifer Jason Leigh (2015)
- David Jenkins looks at Miami Blues and Jonathan Demme’s role in the production (2022)
- Pulp crime expert Maxim Jakubowski discusses the character of Hoke Moseley in both Miami Blues and Willeford’s novels in which he is a recurrent character (2022)
- Behind-the-scenes and promotional image gallery
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Time Tomorrow
- Limited edition 44-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Glenn Kenny, an interview with George Armitage by critic Nick Pinkerton, critic Leila Latif on Alec Baldwin in comedy, an archival feature on Fred Ward and an overview of reviews
- Limited edition of 3000 copies, presented in full-height Scanavo packaging with removable OBI strip leaving packaging free of certificates and markings