From the horror maestro himself, George A. Romero comes the highly anticipated, long-awaited release of Martin – Limited Edition Box Set. Second Sight presents the film in a brand-new 4K scan, painstakingly restored from a 35mm dupe negative, supervised and approved by legendary director of photography Michael Gornick.
Unavailable for many years, this rarely seen, wickedly original vampire thriller with bite gets the release it deserves with an all-singing, all-dancing release from experts in the field, Second Sight Films on 27 February 2023 in three versions: Limited Edition UHD 4K/Blu-ray Box set and Standard Edition 4K UHD and Standard Edition Blu-ray – all of which come packed full of fantastic special features.
Alongside side the newly restored film, the bonus features include audio commentaries galore from George A Romero, John Amplas, Tom Savini, Richard P Rubinstein, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein, plus new commentaries by Travis Crawford and Kat Ellinger. There’s a new feature-length documentary Taste the Blood of Martin and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein plus a short film by Tony Buba and much, much more.
Martin Limited Edition 4KUHD/Blu-ray Box set is presented in a rigid slipcase with original classic artwork, complete with a 108-page book with new essays and the original soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein. Please see the full details below.
Martin – brilliantly played by John Amplas (Dawn of the Dead) in his feature film debut – is a troubled young man who believes he’s a vampire. When he moves away to a small Pennsylvania town to live with his elderly, religious cousin, Cuda (Lincoln Maazel – The Amusement Park), he falls for lonely housewife Abbie Santini (Elyane Nadeau). Desperate to curb his overwhelming craving for human blood and the brutal lengths he goes to sate his thirst… Martin endeavours to live a normal life. But the hostile Cuda becomes convinced that the young man is actually Nosferatu…
The film also stars Romero’s wife Christine Forrest (Dawn of the Dead, Creepshow) alongside Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, From Dusk Till Dawn) the special effects master, who worked alongside the director in the first of their many collaborations.
Sink your teeth into Martin, the wickedly gruesome, cleverly wry masterwork from the legendary filmmaker whose work never fails to astound in this highly anticipated, must-have collector’s edition.
- A Second Sight Films 4K scan and restoration of a 35mm dupe negative supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick
- 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs both including bonus features
- UHD presented in HDR10+
- Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
- Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
- A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
- A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
- Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature-length documentary including a location tour
- Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
- J Roy – New And Used Furniture: a short film by Tony Buba
- Making Martin: A Recounting
- Trailers, TV and radio spots
Limited Edition Contents:
- Rigid slipcase with original classic artwork
- 108-page book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Miranda Corcoran, Travis Crawford, Heather Drain, Kat Ellinger, Andrew Graves, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Elena Lazic, , Stephen Thrower, Jon Towlson, Simon Ward and Tony Williams plus rare stills and behind-the-scenes images
- Original Soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein
- 5 collectors’ art cards illustrated by Adam Stothard