The classic western High Noon starring Gary Cooper and directed by Fred Zinnermann is getting a UK Blu Ray release thanks to Eureka in September.
In his Oscar-winning performance, Gary Cooper stars as small town Marshal Will Kane, preparing to retire and leave town with his young bride Amy (Grace Kelly). However, plans are derailed with the impending arrival of outlaw Frank and his brutal gang. Unfolding in real time, High Noon follows Will as he futilely tries to assemble a posse with the reluctant townspeople, who want Will to forget about a conflict — as does Amy, a Quaker pacifist who just wants to avoid violence. But as high noon approaches, Will realises he must do the moral thing…with or without help.
It will be available for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK from a 4K digital restoration, as part of The Masters of Cinema Series. Presented with a Limited Edition 100-page Collector’s Book and Limited Edition Hardbound Slipcase [Limited to 3000 copies].
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film; the original short story ‘The Tin Star’ by John W. Cunningham; excerpts from writings and interviews with director Fred Zinnemann; archival articles and materials relating to the film
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by historian Glenn Frankel, author of High Noon: The Hollywood Blacklist and the Making of an American Classic
• Brand new and exclusive audio commentary by western authority Stephen Prince
• New video interview with film historian Neil Sinyard, author of Fred Zinnemann: Films of Character and Conscience
• A 1969 audio interview with writer Carl Foreman from the National Film Theatre in London
• The Making of ‘High Noon’ [22 mins]– a documentary on the making of the film
• Inside ‘High Noon’ [47 mins] and Behind ‘High Noon’ [10 mins] – two video pieces on the making and context of the film
• Theatrical Trailer