Deadbeat at Dawn is a cult classic that truly deserves the moniker. Blood-soaked and violent, this is the ultimate revenge movie and now you can see it like never before thanks to Arrow Video’s brand new 2K restoration, supervised and approved by the writer, director and star Jim VanBebber.
Written by, directed by and starring VanBebber, Deadbeat follows the story of Goose – a gang leader whose girlfriend is brutally slaughtered when he attempts to leave the thug life behind. Pulled back into the gang, who’ve now formed an uneasy alliance with the thugs that butchered his girl, Goose sees an opportunity to exact his brutal, deadly revenge.
The Blu Ray will have the following special features –
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Scott Gabbey and Graham Rae.
Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements by Arrow Films supervised and approved by writer-director Jim VanBebber.
- Brand new free-wheeling audio commentary with Jim VanBebber (’Goose’, The Ravens’ Gang Leader), actor Paul Harper (’Danny Carmodi’, The Spyders’ Gang Leader) and guest Cody Lee Hardin, moderated by filmmaker Victor Bonacore (Diary of a Deadbeat: The Story of Jim VanBebber)
- Jim VanBebber, Deadbeat Forever!, a brand new retrospective documentary on VanBebber and the Deadbeat legacy by Filmmaker Victor Bonacore, featuring first-time interviews, super-rare footage, VanBebber’s college films and much, much more!
- Archival 1986 behind-the-scenes documentary – Nate Pennington’s VHS documentary on a failed Deadbeat shoot
- Outtakes, newly transferred in HD
- Four newly-restored VanBebber short films: Into the Black (1983, 34 mins), My Sweet Satan (1993, 19 mins), Roadkill: The Last Days of John Martin (1994, 14 mins) and Gator Green (2013, 16 mins)
- Jim VanBebber Music Video Collection, featuring never-before-seen Director’s Cuts
Chunkblower, the promotional trailer for an unfinished Gary Blair Smith-produced gore-soaked feature film
- Extensive Image Gallery – Never-Before-Seen Stills!
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain
Release Date 22nd October