Studio Canal in the UK are to release the classic werewolf movie The Howling, directed by Joe Dante onto Blu ray on October 9th.
With a screenplay by John Sayles (Lone Star) and groundbreaking special effects by Rob Bottin (The Thing, The Fog, Total Recall), The Howling has been stunningly restored for a new generation of horror fans. Graphically violent, sexually explicit and nightmarishly intense, it remains one of the most original werewolf movies of the eighties.
After an intense confrontation with a serial killer, news anchor Karen White (Dee Wallace) is left traumatised and suffering from amnesia. In need of recovery, Karen takes refuge within “The Colony”, a country retreat organised by her psychiatrist Dr Waggner (Patrick Macnee). But things at “The Colony” aren’t as idyllic as they originally seemed and as blood curdling screams break the midnight silence, Karen’s memories slowly begin to come into focus.
Brand New Extras
- Howlings Eternal with Producer Steven A. Lane
- Cut to Shreds with Editor Mark Goldblatt
- Interview with Co-writer Terence Winkless
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: A Look at the Film’s Locations
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator David Allen
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner
- Release date October 9th.