Arrow Video are set to release the classic 1978 remake Invasion Of The Body Snatchers on Blu ray with a remastered image and a ton of extras. The deluxe Blu-ray set will be available to own in a limited edition SteelBook showcasing the original poster artwork as well as a standard edition case with newly illustrated artwork. It will come loaded with a selection of classic interviews, featurettes and newly created never-before-seen special features as well as an in-depth 52-page collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film and archives interviews with director Philip Kaufman and screenwriter W. D. Richter and more.
When health official Elizabeth Driscoll (Brooke Adams) notices that her lover has become strangely distant, this sets up a series of shocking discoveries that sees both her and colleague Matthew Bennell (Donald Sutherland) fleeing for their lives to the sound of ear-piercing alien screams.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the film
- Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio / 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director Philip Kaufman
- Pod Discussion: A new panel conversation about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and invasion cinema featuring critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Ben Wheatley and Norman J. Warren
- Dissecting the Pod: A new interview with Kaufman biographer Annette Insdorf
- Pod Novel: A new interview with Jack Seabrook, author of Stealing through Time: On the Writings of Jack Finney about Finney s original novel The Body Snatchers
- Re-Visitors from Outer Space: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod a documentary on the making of the film featuring Philip Kaufman, Donald Sutherland, writer W.D. Richter and more
- The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod a look at the film s pioneering sound effects
- The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod cinematographer Michael Chapman (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) discusses the look of and influences on the visual style of the film
- Practical Magic: The Special Effect Pod A look at the creation of the special effects from the opening space sequence
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Cairns, as well as re-prints of classic articles including contemporary interviews with Philip Kaufman and W.D. Richter, illustrated with original archive stills and posters